Replacement Motor Magnets
by Philip Worsfold
Super Neo Replacement Motor Magnets for Hornby-Dublo and Wrenn 2- or 3-rail locos in addition to types for Triang and Trix.
Super Neo Motor magnets are simple to fit (no special tools required) and are unbelievably super strong. They are nickel plated to prevent corrosion, are supplied fully charged for life and are ready to use straight out of the packet, no keepers required. They significantly reduce armature current and heat and provide increased lower end pulling power and torque and can suddenly and simply bring back to life these much loved and treasured loco’s.
No more re-mags, which generally does not / will not last, wasting both your time and most of all, your money.
Typical measurable gains: 12v dc fed to motor with old magnet, current drawn 400ma or greater or > 4.8 watts. With a Super Neo Magnet fitted running at 12v dc, average current 250ma or 3 watts indicating a significant reduction in current and heat.
Current types available for Hornby-Dublo / Wrenn Tri-ang and Trix locomotives where noted.
Prices correct at time of publication but may have changed since.
1. Bo-Bo Type: £4:75.
2. Standard block type for Duchess, City, 2-6-4 and 0-6-2 Tanks, A4: £5.75.
3. Half inch slotted type for 0-6-0 Tank, 2-8-0 Freight, Castle (also suitable for some Trix locos): £6.00.
4. Enhanced block type, producing approx 30% more loco pulling power, for Duchess, City, 2-6-4 and 0-6-2 Tanks plus H-D A4: £6.00.
5. Small Ring-Field type for West Country, 2-8-0 Freight, Castle, Diesel Shunter: £6:50.
6. Large Ring-Field type for Co-Co (Deltic), Co-Bo and E3002: £6.95
7. Re designed pre-war horseshoe type with pole pieces (substitute assy): £8.95.
8. Unique large Ring-Field type for EMU, prevents magnet sticking to tinplate body when assembled. Price includes minor armature modification by us (motor complete with armature required): £14 + postage.
9. E3002 large round Ring-Field magnet: £10.
Website and information below for obtaining magnets. Please check with the supplier for the latest prices as these may have changed since publication.
Contact No. 0131-665-9840
Super Neo Replacement Motor Magnets for Tri-ang / Triang-Hornby
1. Diesel Motor bogie type X03 with centre hole: £5.50.
2. Steam loco type X04 with centre hole: £6.00.
Super Neo Replacement Magnets for Hornby AC-HO
- Bo Bo type Loco £4:00
- Dock Tank Loco £4:50
A Hughes, 64 Delta Road, Musselburgh, East Lothian, EH21 8HA, Scotland, UK.